Requirements for applicants for the preparatory courses in the specialty
5В040300 – VOCAL ART
Rules for applicants’ admission to study at the preparatory courses of the department "Vocal Art" are composed of the coryphaeuses of the department "Solo singing" many decades ago and have the basic requirements for applicants:
1. Applicants should undergo obligatory audition and receive consultations from the head of the department and members of the admissions committee in order to obtain admission to the entrance examinations.
2. The main purpose of the consultations is to identify the vocal and musical performance abilities of the applicant; the presence and degree of ear training (aural skills) (based on exercises and performed works), the passage of a psychological-pedagogical diagnosis; the definition of the main shortcomings of voice, sound defects and words.
Applicant to the 1-st preparatory course:
1. Should have good voice material;
2. Voice (type of voice) must have a sufficient singing diapason;
3. The voice must contain a certain, beautiful singing timbre;
4. The singer should possess respectable enough external and physical material (high growth, expressive facial features, etc.);
5. Should have at least an initial musical education (knowledge of musical notation, elementary theory of music);
6. The performance should be artistic (to feel an executable image, contain elements of acting).
1) Romance or any folk song
Applicant to the 2-nd preparatory course:
1. Should have a special musical education;
2. Should have excellent voice material;
3. Voice (type of voice) should have a full singing diapason;
4. The voice should have a beautiful enough singing timbre;
5. The singer should possess respectable enough external and physical material (high growth, expressive facial features, etc.);
6.The performance should be artistic (feel an executable image, elements of acting).
1. Ancient aria
2. Classical romance (Kazakh, Russian, Western European)
3.Kazakh folk song