ENTRANCE EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
Educational Programme: «5В041100-Сomposition»
І. CREATIVE EXAMINATION BY SPECIALTY
1. Presentation of works of small genres forms:
- instrumental pieces, preludes, variations, suites for various instruments (piano, violin, flute, dombra, etc.);
- Vocal works (romances, ballads, small chorals).
All works must be provided in clavier or score with performance under the piano, with the performer-illustrator, audio recording.
2. Colloquium on musical literature - knowledge of Russian-Soviet and foreign classics and the most famous works of contemporary foreign composers and composers of Kazakhstan.
Evaluation criteria: sense of form, associative-imaginative thinking, musical-theoretical training, general horizons, improvisation.
ІІ. CREATIVE EXAMINATION BY MUSICAL-THEORETIC DISCIPLINES (harmony, solfeggio)
Harmony is a task in the form of a period with the addition of modulation in the tonality of the diatonic relationship, with non-chord sounds.
Solfeggio - writing dictation with modulation of diatonic or chromatic relationship.
III. TESTING OF THE APPLICANT
For participating in complex testing, the applicant submits an application to the Admissions Committee of the Kazakh national Conservatory on blank of the established sample, receipt for payment for testing. Passed for testing issued a special pass with a photo. Testing consists from following subjects:
1. History of Kazakhstan
2. Literacy reading (language at the choice of the applicant).