ENTRANCE EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
Educational Programme: «5В010600-Musical Education»
Prior Educational Levels of applicants for this specialty:
1. Musicalcollege, specialized musical school;
2. Generaleducationalschoolwithanadditional 5 or 7 years of music education;
3. CollegeofArts, Humanities-PedagogicalCollege;
4. Academy of Variety and Circus Arts;
5. Fee-paying distance education;
6. Higher education institutions (obtaining the second higher fee-paying education).
І. CREATIVE EXAMINATION ON THE SPECIALTY
Consists of two parts:
1. Applicants must perform three compositions:
– Pianoplayers mustperformthreemusicalcompositions.
– Otherspecialties: Applicants mustperformnotlessthan 2 musicalcompositionsaccording to the major specialty, and 1 musical compositionon the piano.
2. Colloquium – includes questions on the biography and creative work of the composers whose works were performed the program (characteristics of the composer's style, genre, and work).
The applicant must demonstrate the artistry, to be able to play musical instrument, to be, to have an understanding of the content of the composition, to be competent reading the author’s text. Also, the applicant has to be broad-mindedandtohavein-depthknowledgeoftheHistoryofMusic and performing arts.
The applicant must demonstrate the artistry, sufficientskillsinplayingmusicalinstruments, to be competent reading the author’s text,to have an understanding of the content of the composition,basic knowledge oftheHistoryofMusic and performing arts.
Theapplicantmustdemonstratetheartistryskills, and basic skills of playing an instrument. Theapplicantmusthaveapoorunderstandingofthe content of the performed work and, at least, to have a limited knowledge oftheHistoryofMusic and performing arts.
Theapplicanthasnoartistryskillsandinability to play musical instruments. Theprogramofperformance is inadequate and not enough for admission tohigher education. PoorcompetenciesintheHistoryofMusic and performing arts.
ІІ. CREATIVE EXAMINATION
Consists of three tasks:
1) 30 minutestesting (basic musical knowledge)
2) Performing a composition on applicant's own accompaniment.
3) Sight-reading music (a song from primary school repertoire).
The applicant must answer at least 80% of the test questions, to show its vocal masteryand accompaniment skills. To demonstrate the purity of vocal intonationиsight-reading skills.
The applicant must answer at least 60% of the test questions. Toshowsufficientvocalandaccompanimentskills.Todemonstrateinterestinthepurityofvocalintonation and sight-reading skills.
The applicant must answer at least 40% of the test questions. Toshowitsvocal qualities and concertmaster skills. The applicant strives to thepurityofvocalintonation and correct sight-reading.
The Applicant has answeredless than 40% of the test questions. The Applicant does not demonstrate vocal and accompanimentskills. TheApplicantdoesnothearthepurityofvocal intonation and sight-reading skills.
ІІІ.COMPLEX TESTING OF APPLICANTS (CTA)
ToparticipateinCTA exam, the Applicant has to submit an application and the receipt of payment for testing to KNC named after Kurmangazy Admission Board. The application shall be submitted on a prescribed form. Participantswillbeissuedaspecialpasscardwithphotographs.CTAcarriedouton the following subjects:
1.History of Kazakhstan.
2.Reading proficiency (Kazakh orRussian language according to the choice of an applicant).